Thursday, December 29, 2011

First Post

Welcome, Potential Reader! You may be asking if the blogosphere really needs another book blog, especially one that, for the most part, focuses on fantasy novels. I of course think that the answer is yes. This is because I'm not going to write about new releases, or at least not only about new releases. I read a lot, fairly indiscriminately; my to-read pile currently ranges from Georgette Heyer to Hermann Hesse. It is my mission to write, in at least a little depth, about everything I read this year.

On Ratings: I have trouble rating, especially on a five star scale. I'll use seven stars here: Seven, is, of course, "Love;" six, "Great enthusiasm," five, "Great," four "good," three "competent but nothing to write home about," two, "poor but not awful," one, "irredeemable." Both extremes are rare. Further, I have trouble rating, say, Magister Ludi and The Black Moth. Certainly Magister Ludi is a better book; but I enjoyed both a comparable amount, though in different ways. I'll try to break my ratings down into the components of my enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment